FRANKLIN MODEL PTW-72 is a complete Automatic submerged twin-arc welding system. It is designed for fixturing and welding Three (3) piece built-up beams consisting of a web and two (2) flanges. The PTW-72 has a web capacity of 72 inches and flange capacities of 20” wide x 1" thick. A complete PTW-72 fabricating cell can be up to 300 ft. long. The system consists of a web loading gantry, web seam station, tack station unit, 4020 CNC Flange Loading Gantry and PTW-72 Pull Thru Welder with CNC Controls.
The Franklin PTW-72 horizontal pull-thru welding system is a highly engineered submerged-arc welding system.
- 72” web capacity (84” optional)
- PowerWave SD-1000 twin-wire with MAX-SA10 controls
- 20” x 1” flange capacity (12” x 1 ½” non-bending)
- Complete flux recovery
- Maximum weight 300 lbs./ft
- Wire dispensing units (supplied by customer)
The PTW-72 can be provided with several options:
- Powered brush cleaning.
- De-cambering devices are available in Pre-Heat and Hydraulic
- 84” width capacity option (PTW-84)
- Wire drum turn tables, de-reelers with various placements(optional)
- Powered brush cleaning. Over sized platform for overhead equipment.
The PTW-72 auto-control system provides the operator various control over the weld sequence. The “PLC” auto control provides an auto-sequence of repetitive machine operations.
Franklin’s wide range of engineered material handling systems creates several efficient options for removing finished frames from the PTW-72 outfeed system.